Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Expecto Patronum!!!!!
Aug 2, 2007

Hi there, just wanted to share good improvements... my favorite Harry Potter spell really works, you just need to have a positive attitude, to choose a life of dignity and effort and things can get better. A year and half ago my CD4 count was 72 (8%)viral load 50000 and had to wrestle vs AIDS, now after having taken my meds seriously, as well as my health (amazing what running and swimming can do), and with this attitude (I believe attitude does help) my CD4 count a year and half later is 503 (28%)and viral load remains non detectable (with meds that was the easy part... but I keep reading your section...

Big hug from,

Danny Boy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Danny Boy!

Your patronus must be a big smiley face these days! I seriously considered responding in Parseltongue, but somehow it didn't seem appropriate for such wonderful news. Besides, I'm convinced the Dark Lord Cheney (Death Eater-Dementor that he is) is also a Parselmouth and might try to hit me with a Cruciatus curse for using his serpent language, the one he continues to use to explain how everything is going so well in Iraq: the surge is working . . . victory is at hand . . . the insurgents are in their last throes . . . I've got my head up my butt . . . . You know, stuff like that. Is it just me or did the troll in the first Harry Potter movie resemble Cheney? And talk about uncanny resemblances; what about Laura Bush and Dolores Umbridge???

So Danny, congratulations! May all your snorkacks be crumple-horned. The future is bright for you and all Blibbering Humdingers. (Of course anyone reading this who hasn't read the brilliant Harry Potter series will think I'm totally insane (or "confunded") by now.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
DR BOB=MAGNIFICENT!
Next
4th try, would really appreciate a response (STATISTICS)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.