A more specific question

Dear Dr. Franscino,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions from everyone around the glove and me. I am very impressed with your outlook towards life and the approach you take to it every day.

I know youve answered this question over and over, and trust me; Ive read almost every single post on your site especially since I placed myself at risk last year. One year out and still warring about this even after my (-) result after 13 weeks I have not been able to find anywhere out there what the virus load is on the per-act-risk exposure is based on the given estimates of acquiring HIV from unprotected incentive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive which is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Was this study done at a high, medium or low virus load/count? Or was it just made arbitrarily based on patients feedback?

Dont want to take a lot of your time, but feel this will be very educational for us out there.

Thank you very much for your time and expertise!

Questions from around the "glove"??? OK, if you say so.

As for your question, I'm not sure we've ever done a clinical study that involved "incentive" penile-vaginal sex! Usually we don't have to provide "incentives" for horned-up dudes to take the mattress mambo plunge! If you're inquiring about "insertive" penile-vaginal sex, the estimated-risk statistics did not stratify for viral load. What I can tell you is that the higher the viral load, the greater the potential risk for HIV transmission.

Why are you still "warring" about a potential risk one year ago if you have a 13-week negative result? If you're still worried and you shouldn't be, but if you are why not just get a rapid HIV test? You'll have an accurate result in just 20 minutes. It will undoubtedly be negative, but it may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put these totally unwarranted worries permanently to rest.

False trigger
Can CMV delay seroconversion?