ARS symptoms follwing a dumpster dive

I have a real bad HIV phobia and it relates to my day to day life. Like if i cut my finger on a knife or something i start getting scared and thinking what if somebody else cut them selves on that knife before and they have HIV then i start getting panicky and i get anxiety. It scares the **** out of me. I am going through some hard stuff right now and ill explain it all. Last Saturday on 7/21/07 i went to Walgreens and i was walking out of the store with my bag in my right hand and my receipt in my left hand and i was about to throw the receipt in the trash can by the front doors but the can was full, i didn't just want to shove my whole hand in there so kind of just stuck it in there. I got in my car and drove away and i was almost home and something popped in my head part of my fear and phobia. I started thinking what if i got poked by a needle when i put the receipt in the trash, so i actually turned around and drove back to the store and i started digging in the trash looking for the supposed needle just to calm my fears and prove to myself that there wasn't a needle and that i didn't get poked and that it was all in my head. Well i didn't find on and then i went home and i could not sleep. I was so scared that i got poked or something and i was scared that now i am gonna have HIV so i drove back up to the store looking through the trash again. I know this sounds crazy and i even know its crazy but i was so scared. I started looking in bags and looking through everything just to make sure. I searched for a long time and i didn't find anything. I kept leaving and going home and i could sleep so i would go back to the store and look for more. Its like it would make me feel better knowing that there wasn't a needle that poked me and that i was alright but as soon as i would get home i would get real scared again. I did that probably about 4 or 5 times. Finally i just stopped. About 9 in the morning the next day i went back up there and the trash was still in there and i went inside and asked the lady who worked there if she had a plastic bad that i could have. She gave me one and i took everything from pretty much the top layer of the trash can, anything that i thought that i could have came into contact with when i first threw the receipt away and anything that i may have came into contact with when i kept digging through there. I took the bag home and dumped it out by my trash cans and went through it all making sure there wasn't a needle or anything in there. There wasn't, So i felt like i was ok. I didn't get poked cause i didn't find any needle but then i started to get scared over the fact that i had some small scratches and little cuts on my hands and i was digging through the trash, what if there was some blood in there that i didn't see or something. I asked this question to the HIV doctor on this website and he said that there was no risk and that i don't need any testing at all. So know im over the fact that i am not gonna get HIV from digging through a garbage can but im still nervous about "did i or did i not get poked from a needle" I think that if i was actually poked i wouldn't have this doubt whether i was or not, i think that i would absolutely know. Is it just my extreme anxiety and irrational fears that is making me so scared and believe that i might have been poked and is it my fears/ocd or whatever not letting me think rational and know that i wasn't poked. Well this past friday while i was at work i started to get the chills so i went home and went to bed, then on Saturday i woke up and my body felt real achy so i took some asprin and it went away. Well at about 12 on saturday i started to get stomach cramps and i started to get real bad diarrhea, it lasted all day on saturday, all through the night and most of the morning yesterday on sunday. I took some imodium and i was fine for the rest of the day until last night and this morning. SO i went to Urgent care and they said that i just probably caught a virus. I have hade no fevers throughout this and i even had a night sweat last night but that could just be because i live in phoenix and its always hot here. The doc checked my lymph nodes and she said they felt like they were just a tiny bit swollen but nothing to worry about. Im Scared that all of this could be ARS. Does it souns like ARS doc. IM so sorry for the long message. Can you please answer my message and give me some good advice, im falling apart here, Do you think that i need to be tested based on my symptoms and my fear of being poked. PLease answer doc. I will like to make donation but dont know where to.

Are you back again??? And still worried about a nonexistent needle??? Dearie, get out of the dumpster and make an appointment with a psychiatrist. You definitely do have a problem, and that problem is not HIV! My assessment and advice remain unchanged. (See below) Your symptoms are not related to HIV ARS. HIV is not your problem. No way, no how. I just can't say it any plainer than that!

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org.

Good luck. I hope you soon gain some control over your anxiety and irrational fears.

HIV from a Garbage Can Jul 23, 2007

Doctor about 9 hours ago i was coming out of a walgreens and i had the reciept in my left hand and i was gonna throw it in the trash by the doors but the cans were full all the way around so i just jamed the reciept in there. While i was driving home i started to think that i poked myself with a needle when i did that and i became scared. I am a hypocondriac so i worry over things very easily. I went back to the store and started searching through the can to see if i could find any needls or any bandaids that might have a blood on them. I searched the can pretty good for anything that i thought that i might have came into contact with and i did not find anything. But i did notice that i had a bunch of pin size holes from a push pin on my hands and they were pretty fresh. They werent necessarliy bleeding or anything but i bet if i squeezed them they sould start to bleed a tiny bit. Well as you probably know that can is all dirty and it has stains everywhere and im scared that i could have gotten some blood or something into my pinzised holes on my hands. I searched the can for a long time and i am real terrified and i dont know what to do. Do i need any testing from this or do i need to get on PEP. Please doc can you answer

You actually went back to Walgreens and searched the trash can "for a long time," looking for needles??? I certainly don't doubt your self-diagnosis of being a hypochondriac and excessive worrier!!

Do you need HIV testing? Nope!

Do you need PEP? Of course not!

Do you need a shrink to help you with your irrational HIV fears and hypochondriasis? Absofrickinlutely!

Please, read this (I don't need a response!)
construction worker