Wooohooo !!

I tested negative on the Oraquick swab test after a serious exposure (receptive anal from a HIV + partner). Can I Woohoo? The only strange thing about the test is that the doctor (at Highland hospital in Oakland) came back within 5 minutes of taking the swab and told me that it was negative. Is this accurate?

Message to other WW's : Dont wait to get tested and live in agony. My exposure was very serious and I did not test for 2 years and lived in fear. Now that I tested positive, I wish I had tested 2 years ago. Please go get tested, in all probability, it will be negative..

Dr. Bob : You are a God ! HOw can I dinate money online? I would like to send $ 500..

OraQuick Oral Fluid Rapid Tests are FDA approved and are both highly sensitive and specific for diagnosing HIV infection. A negative test performed outside the window period is considered definitive and conclusive. Your exposure, "receptive anal sex with an HIV+ partner," is significant and consequently the CDC recommends you test out to the six-month mark. I'm assuming from your post that your exposure was two years ago. If that is the case, then your test recently would indeed be considered conclusive and "WOO-HOOable!"

The OraQuick HIV-1/HIV-2 oral fluid test takes about 20 minutes to perform. Your five-minute result sounds a bit quick to me. There are some five-minute rapid tests that are FDA approved the Reveal G2 (MedMira, Inc.), for example but these require plasma or serum and only screen for HIV-1. Perhaps you should call Highland Hospital and ask them exactly what assay they use and how long it takes to get a result. If your result was read prematurely, I assume they would repeat the test at no charge.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org. Your generous gift will touch many lives, helping to turn hopelessness into hope. Please accept my heartfelt thanks on their behalf.

Be well! (Wasn't it just a glorious day in the Bay Area today???)

dr bob est tu gay?
masturbating