Please answer *risk of fingering?*

Hello there.

Thank you so much for being a part of this website, because you have answered so many questions that have been on my mind over the last couple of weeks...but now there is one that is kind of breeding from anxiety more than anything else. Last night, me and my friend ended up drinking a little too much. We went to bed together, he gave me oral sex for maybe 30 seconds the most (but used his teeth a lot, which is why we had to stop because he was really bad)so we kind of ended it with me fingering him and rubbing his anus while he was jerking me off and I ejaculated, but he didn't...what makes me worry is the fact that I think I have what you would consider an "open-cut" on the finger that I used for the pleasure described above...would there have to be alot of visible blood for me to get HIV this way? And this is considering if he even has it, which he said he doesn't and had gotten tested two weeks ago...what do you think?? Thank you so much and I'll be making a donation upon submiting this question.

I think your degree of worry is way out of proportion to the real degree of risk. I cannot evaluate how open your open cut was, but I tend to doubt you would be "letting your fingers do the walking" if you were actively bleeding! Consequently, I would place your HIV risk in the negligible category. Certainly if you are worried and clearly you are get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. It may well be the most effective and efficient way to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest.

Next, you should clue your friend in that he flunked his "oral exam!" Teeth??? OUCHAMAGOUCHA!

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated by those struggling to survive the challenges of cohabitating with the virus. In return, I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm confident it will be!

facts HIV PROGRESSION
Oral Exposure with Sex Worker *Follow Up*