Desprately needing advice

Hi, I have been reading your forum daily for the past 5 weeks. What an incredible site!!! I fear that I stupidly exposed myself to HIV. I am male and had unprotected oral (giving and receiving) as well as unprotected intercourse for about 1m with a female of unknown status that I met on a chat line service. After about 2 weeks, I began experiencing a burning sensation in my feet and arms. Then a mild sore throat. Then I got a purple blotchy bruise looking thing on my face. I am experiencing nausea/vommiting, mild diarrea, my body feels very hot -especially at night. I have no measurable fever but feel like I am burning up inside. Also, Lymph nodes are going crazy everywhere. I am finding lymph nodes that I never knew I had. I have lost about 15-20 lbs, because I am not eating. I had a ora-quick oral test done at 30 days which turned out neg. It has now been 36 days and the symtoms are starting to pass. I slept all night last night for the 1st time in several weeks. I know that I have to go back and get retested. Is the oral test OK? What do you recommend? Is there any comfort in a 30 day neg oral test? There were many hints that this lady may have been postive. I was just too stupid to recognize them. Now that I look back, I think this person was out to expose me to HIV. For instance she begged me not to use a condom. What is that all about? I was so dumb/horny that I fell for it. A friend of mine told me that there was a lady that met her description on this chat line that he had heard was pos and trying to spread it. I am going nutzzz! Have you ever heard of that? Are there people out there actually trying to expose other people? Please write back!!!

Unprotected sex does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV; consequently, HIV testing at the three-month mark is warranted. Your 30-day negative test is encouraging but not conclusive, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive.

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The reason to get an HIV test is your placing yourself at risk, not the presence of "symptoms." All FDA-approved tests, including the oral fluid rapid test (OraQuick), are extremely accurate.

As for sex-crazed predators purposefully trying to infect others via contacts in chat rooms, that is urban legend. You can read about other urban legends below.

My advice is to stop going "nutzzz," get tested at the three-month mark and, frevinsakes, learn from this experience. Condoms are not optional, no matter how horny you are!

syringe with hiv positive blood in payphone slots????? (URBAN LEGENDS) Jul 26, 2007

Dr. iam really concerned as ive heard that there are people who have gotten hiv from payphone slots.is this true or mere legend.Iam homeless and constantly look for loose change in payphone slots.Iam afraid of this and need your comfort and reassurance

HIV from payphone slots occurs at the same rate as HIV from needles stuck in movie theater seats, which in turn occurs at exactly the same rate that brilliant, scientifically-sound ideas pop into Dubya's brain. That is to say this never ever happens. It's more urban legend, just like the old lady who tried to dry her wet kitty cat in the microwave oven or the scary kidney theft ring in New Orleans that supposedly stole people's kidneys by drugging them and leaving them in a bathtub full of ice. How do we know these urban legends are hoaxes? Well, the kidney theft ring is perhaps the best known, most feared and most widely spread urban legend recently. The National Kidney Foundation has repeatedly asked for actual victims to come forward and tell their stories. So far they have exactly none! That's none as in zero! That's also the same number for people getting HIV infected from needles in payphone slots! ZERO! So stop worrying about HIV-tainted needles in payphone slots. There are much more important things to worry about these days. For instance, what about those alligators that dwell in the New York City sewer system that have grown to enormous size after being flushed down the toilet by dissatisfied pet owners??? And how about all those poor kids who have died when they ingested Pop Rocks candy mixed with soda, causing their stomachs to explode???

You are the only one I listen, I need your opinion (CIRCUMCISION)
usual symptoms even after safe sex