HIV transmissioin and Rhogam
Jul 28, 2007
I am O negative and have had the Rhogam shot during my pregnacy. Is it at all possible to contract HIV from Rhogam?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No, RhoGAM and other gammaglobulin products undergo processes during production that would deactivate HIV. There are also no reported cases of HIV transmission resulting from a RhoGAM injection that I am aware of.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Be Spread From Saliva Entering The Eye?
- Hiv Symptoms The First 2 Weeks
- Can You Take Your Hiv Test When You Have Your Period?
- What Can Be Mistaken For Hiv Symptoms?
- Is It Ok To Leave Marinol Out Of Fridge?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.