HIV transmissioin and Rhogam
Jul 28, 2007
I am O negative and have had the Rhogam shot during my pregnacy. Is it at all possible to contract HIV from Rhogam?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No, RhoGAM and other gammaglobulin products undergo processes during production that would deactivate HIV. There are also no reported cases of HIV transmission resulting from a RhoGAM injection that I am aware of.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking A Woman's Breasts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.