Goldfish guy now has a fever.....sigh

I just wrote to you about my oral sex exposure. I thought I was being paranoid - knowing how low the risk is for receptive oral sex w/ no ejaculation (partner status unknown) - I wish I had gone to get PEP the day after. Now, at 13 days post exposure my scratchy throat remains, my body is achy, I'm fatigued, and as luck would have it... this morning I have a fever.

I'm scared, depressed, and just overall pissed off. I'm seeing my doc tomorrow, if it turns out I did become positive after oral exposure I'm going to become a very vocal opponent of those who repeatedly scream how low the risk from oral sex is. Stay tuned, I'll let you know the test results.

(Sorry for being so bitchy. This is just an incredibly trying time for me....)

W. O. Rried(un)well.

Hey Mr. Rried(un)well,

Back so soon?

You may have "thought" you were being paranoid. I personally feel you still are being paranoid. PEP is not warranted for the type of potential HIV exposure you describe.

As for "symptoms," remember they are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

As for your becoming a "very vocal opponent of those who repeatedly scream how low the risk from oral sex is," well I doubt that will happen. In fact, I'm willing to bet you become one of our vocal ex-worried wells screaming about how symptoms don't mean anything and encouraging folks to get tested, not worry so much and to never ever be bitchy!

No Meds (ELITE CONTROLLERS)
HIV TEST RESULTS