The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Very concerned with oral, time to donate!

Jul 26, 2007

This is the situation. I'm 33, male, and have performed fellatio on a man for approx. 2-3 minutes. He assured me he's HIV-negative, but whaddaya know Dubya, right? Anyhoo, I don't remember any taste of precum and he did not ejaculate anywhere near my mouth. Also, this is the only time I've ever done this or anything similar, since I've been in a monogamous relationship for years. Here comes the catch though: approx. 20 minutes later I brushed my teeth and then noticed I have a slight bleeding of the gums behind the top front teeth. I'm freaking out now that this might be the extenuating circumstance by which I could have been infected. I also had a tooth removed like 3 weeks ago but it's healed fine since.

Please Dr. Bob, if you could help a guy out, I'd be really really grateful.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Dude, why so worried??? You brushed your teeth after playing tonsil hockey with his tallywhacker, so I don't really see the problem. I would not consider your situation an extenuating circumstance. However, if you remain worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative, but the effort is worthy, as it should put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest, OK? So relax, Max. I'm quite confident all is well including you! The only real advice I have for you is to remember to floss regularly!

Dr. Bob

Thank you Doc, and all the best.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint