PEP after fingering with fresh and overcut nails

Dear Dr. Bob,

It all began yesterday when I cut the nails of my fingers. I cut some of them really short but I didn't notice anything special at this time: No blood or pain. 8 hours later I was in a tabledance club (a really expensive one). There I shortly fingered one girl and my finger was a little wet afterwards. Hours later I noticed that in the same finger a felt a little burning (right where the nail ends), when I pushed it hardon something. I have talked about this already with someone at the hospital and they didn't want to give me a PEP. I am very afraid. I even discovered now a very small bronish spot where the skin meets the front end of the nail. This could be a sign for an open cut that only healed, now after more than 36 hours. Therefore, I really think that I was at risk and should do a PEP. Considering that I only noticed that something was wrong with this finger 24 hours later, was this a famous "open cut" that would put me at risk? If it was one, how long would it take to heal (become non-penetrable)? What do you think about the PEP?

I higly appreciate your answer. Thank you

Based on the information provided, I would counsel against PEP. Your potential HIV exposure was not significant enough to warrant PEP. If you are concerned, and clearly you are, get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.

Advise rom a person not from a doctor
Bob, BOB!....over here mate!