Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Immune Boosters Affect PCR Results/Seroconversion?
Jul 25, 2007

Hi Dr. Bob,

I made a terrible mistake 9 weeks ago, and believe I had sex with a stranger in a bathroom (unprotected). Since then I have suffered from lots of symptoms typical to ARS, and had 2 negative PCR tests at 26 and 48 days, and a negative antibody test at 48 days, and awaiting the 3 month mark for retesting (9 weeks now). I can barely take the anxiety, worry, and guilt, but had a question. I have been taking these homeopathic immune boosters...they are basically vitmains with herbs too. Michael's Immune factors. Could they have delayed seroconversion so that it took longer for the infection to be spread around the body and be picked up by the DNA PCR? I would be really grateful if you could answer, please, thanks a lot.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You "believe" you had sex with a stranger in a bathroom??? Hmmm . . . believe???? .Does that mean you aren't sure??? Which part of your experience are you the least bit uncertain about? Perhaps the stranger was not a stranger? Or perhaps it was the kitchen rather than the bathroom! Or are you not sure what you had was really sex??? Hmmm . . . inquiring minds want to know.

Next, "Michael's Immune Factors???" I'll bet you can pick those up right next to Sally's Sex Charms, Freddie's Fabulous Farts and the ever popular Bush/Cheney Asses of Evil toilet tissue at your favorite joke shop! Right? You were really serious about that homeopathic immune booster nonsense were you??? Oh my . . . . In that case, no, they definitely cannot delay seroconversion. (And, by the way, they also definitely cannot "boost" your immune system!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is this information Correct?
Next
I lost evarything?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.