But Bareback feels so much better....

Hi Dr. Bob,

I'm a young gay male (HIV- and very careful) and I'm more on the bottom side... My problem is, when I do have anal sex as the bottom, I never seem to enjoy it as much with a condom. Even though I have only been f**ked without a condom by a few past boyfriends, it was always MUCH better with no pain involved... When I have sex with condoms, it seems to hurt and be uncomfortable in general (I like bigger dicks, so maybe that's part of the problem.) Anyhow, is it possible that I'm allergic or somethin to the condoms? And that's why it feels so much less pleasurable.. I'm seriously considering giving up bottoming because it just doesn't turn me on feeling latex rip me apart. So that's my dilemma, any tips? Any brand of lube that would make it better?

If you think shagging with a condom is inconvenient and uncomfortable, I can assure you trying to live with HIV/AIDS and other STDs is far, far, far more inconvenient and uncomfortable.

If you think you're allergic to latex condoms, try switching to polyurethane (brand name: Durex Avanti). There are a variety of water-based and silicon-based lubricants that can safely be used with latex and/or polyurethane. Try several until you find one that works well for you.

The risk of going bareback is significant and I would advise against it in the strongest possible terms. Check out some of the stories and problems of HIV-positive folks on this site and hopefully you'll realize "feels so much better" is not a valid reason for the potential catastrophic consequences that could result from commando backdoor action.

Stay safe. Stay well.

You'll laugh at this question but I need reassurance
thanks