Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

to many
Jul 23, 2007

ok doctor

I wish you all the best for the great job you'r doing ! Because there to many anxious, obsessed people out there.I realized this after reading this forum for months, and checking my email ten times / day for respons. I am oficially a x file member. I can say this now, after 6 months of anxiety, life rejecting, paranoia etc. After an encounter with a gay man of unknown status. We kissed, he made me an oral sex, and we rubbed our thing to eachother's back (crack) but I do not think there was an exchange of fluids as there was no penetration. Anyway tests after 1 month, 2,5 months, 3 months, 5 months and after 6 months (week 24) all negative. Last time I made 2 test in two different cities; one came negative, for the second I'll get the answer in 3 days. Anyway I'm thinking It's not there after all these tests.( Even if in a counseling center, the conselour toled me she heard about 2 years after developing antibodies ! why would she toled me that? I was very nervous? And I decided to go on with my life. For others that are going through these stages: I now it's hard not to worry. But that really doesnot HELP you in any way . But it can be self destructing/ I know from my own experience. Read the forum, do not obsesively rethink the details; just take the life as it is until you get the test. Wish you all the best ! Still as I am a member of x-files I am waiting for a Whoo-Hoo !

Max

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Max,

Relax, Max!!! HIV is not your problem. No way, no how. You can WOO-HOO immediately. In fact, you could have WOO-HOOed after a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.

Thanks for writing in and advising others to do what you say and not what you did! (We get a lot of those!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
I've heeded your advice!! Pls address my concerns!
Next
DR BOB, Answer PLZ!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.