ToothPick & HIV/HVC

Hi Doc, I enjoy reading your answers for the humor of course. Thanks for your insights. My question is this: I was at a party last week and a lot of meat was served and that means a lot toothpicks were going around and people were picking their teeth like crazy. While this was going on, I was surrounded by all these people whom their HIV status is unknown and they were talking and screaming directly at me. So what if some them picked blood while using their toothpick and at the same time talking right on my face. What is the risk of HIV or HCV transmission if their saliva mixed with blood had gotten into my eyes, nose or mouth or any other cuts on my body. Thank you. Sincerely, Worried Well.

Hello "Worried Well,"

Your moniker says it all! You are "worried" and you are "well." Your worries are completely unwarranted and your wellness unquestioned, OK? The HIV/HCV risk from toothpick-party chatter is nonexistent. OK? Now stop being such a party pooper. Grab a cocktail wiener (or cock, tail or wiener, if it happens to one of those kind of parties) and enjoy the festivities!

dr bob
PLEASE 5TH TIME ASKING HELP ME