Lapse in judgement just once.......

I have a question which I'm hoping you will answer. You answer questions on animal sex?!! So please answer this worthy question!

I recently had a very bad lapse of judgement on a recent weekend away with friends. After consuming a very large amount of alcohol, I took a young gentlman back to my hotel room. I do remember having oral sex, but although I am sure I did not have full sex, I cannot for definite remember. What are the chances of contracting HIV from one sexual encounter if I had actually had sex? I am female. I can assure you I do not usually do anything as stupid and irresponsible, and in fact hadn't had any sexual relations for two years!Please help me with a moment of your time. I know nothing about the gentlman in question.

I am from the UK and hopefully now Mr Blair has gone, Bush will not have such great an ally!

Your help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you

What makes you think animal sex questions aren't as worthy as your question? Richard Gere (gerbils), Catherine the Great (horses), Dubya (Armadillos and various farm animals) all disagree!

As for your "worthy" question, how do you expect me to ascertain your HIV-transmission risk when you can't even remember what you did or didn't do???

As for the estimated HIV-transmission risk for various sexual activities, I have responded to these issues countless times at least 10,000 for every one animal sex question! Just check the archives and you'll see for yourself!

Briefly, and because repetition is the mother of all learning, here are your statistics!

The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected receptive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 10 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, because (1) we don't know the status of your "lapse in judgment" and (2) we don't know to what degree your judgment really lapsed. Finally, I should mention once again that anyone who feels they put themselves at risk for HIV should get an HIV test at the three month mark. No matter what questions I choose to answer, or not answer, doesn't change that very simple fact!

pregnancy and HIV test
taking anti-retro regularly as a prohylaxis? (PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS)