Thanks Dr. Bob, You are the Best!

Hi Dr. Bob, I promise that this is the last time I write you (I havent promised that yet.) I just wanted to thank you for your comments and support over the past six months. I wont recap the whole story, but it was a one night stand with a woman Ive known since High School. I do however want to give some hope to the rest of the worried wells. I had a ton of symptoms, white tongue, joint pain, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, headaches, floaters, dry skin, genital warts, tingling sensations up and down my body, epididymitis, night sweats, no fever, depression, difficulty sleeping, loss of appetite, weight loss, pain under armpits, feeling of fullness in neck, and pain behind my left eye. I thought for sure I had HIV, I was positive that I was positive! It consumed my every thought, and made it difficult to enjoy life. I went and bought a home access test at 6 weeks, it was negative. I purchased another test at 7 weeks, it was negative as well. I knew that I had to wait 3 months or more to be conclusive, so I did. I waited 3 and a half months and that too came back negative. I submitted a question asking you if my test was conclusive and you said yes, but I could take a test at 6 months and it would undoubtedly be negative. I still couldnt shake the fear, I went to the doctors for my diarrhea and epididymitis and they put me on anti inflammatory meds. My CBC and other tests for whatever they tested for were normal or negative. I waited for 6 months to come and I went and bought another home access test, once again my results were negative. I cried, I couldnt believe the news. I then talked to a home access counselor and asked about HIV-2, she told me that the home access test will detect HIV-2. I was also told that if there was any kind of reaction on the test, whether it be indeterminate or other, a counselor would have greeted me rather than the automated voice telling me I was negative. Im currently getting help with my fear of HIV through a counselor, and I go back to the doctors next week to try and find out what is actually wrong with me. I thank you for all you have done for me, and I wish you the best of health and happiness. I pray, and hope for a cure to come, stay well Doctor Bob and keep fighting the good fight. Thanks again for donating your time and helping so many, you get my vote for TIMEs man of the year award.

No longer scared in MA

Hello No Longer Scared in MA,

TIME's Man of the Year . . . hmmm . . . OK, but I was really hoping for People's Sexiest Guy award.

Congrats! WOO-HOO! Stay well. I'm sure you will. Thanks for sharing your story and your nomination.

5th time emailing, plz help!
Why do you answer stupid questions