Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

5th time emailing, plz help!
Jul 21, 2007

Dr. Bob,

First let me say the service you provide is great. The education people receive here is much better than anything they learn in school with scare tactics and all...thanks Bush administration!! (sarcasm).

Alright, let me start, I've emailed a few times but not gotten a response...A few months back my GF and I broke up. In my depressed state I slept w/ sex workers on 2 occasions. In both times protection was used, and I'm fairly sure there were no condom failures (did the 'water test' and such), and in one I gave unprotected oral. She had no cuts or open sores and my mouth was clean/no cuts either. However, in one of the instances, my condom "rode up" a bit on the shaft, the head was never exposed, but like i said, maybe 40% of my shaft was exposed (no open sores there either). Does this count as condom failure and does it warrant testing?

Ironically my GF and I are exploring the idea of getting back together AND i'm moving out of state rather soon. Does my situation warrant testing? I'd like to be intimate with her before I go, but there aren't any clinics that offer a quick test within the time period of me being here. To make matters worse, she and I knew each others history when we started dating and weren't worried about condoms (as she is also infertile so her getting pregnant wasn't an issue!).

For the 5th time :) help plz!!

-moving and stupid

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Moving and Stupid,

A 40% ride up your throbbing, thrusting tallywhacker is not considered an HIV risk, so long as the business end of the trouser snake stayed sheathed in latex. Testing is not necessary for anything other than piece of mind.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I hired a masseur also
Next
Thanks Dr. Bob, You are the Best!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.