Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i am the winner
Jul 20, 2007

I met a guy about threee weeks ago, and we made out for like what seemed 5 hours. When I started to go further, he told me that he needed to tell me that he was poz. I didnt freak, because I didnt think that HIV could be passed on that way.

That was three weeks ago. Last nite, I awoke in the middle of the night with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Now i am convinced that I acquired the virus from him. Now i guess i am supposed to wait two more months for a test to see a doc to tell me i am poz, right?

Anyway, the real problem is that I would liek to continue the relationship, but I dont want to pose a health haZard to him, or him to me. I think that the anxiety level will be different, but the guys is so special. I really like him.

So, when shoudl i start my meds? I havent asked him anything to personal about his situation, because I do not want him to think that his HIV is all I think about. Should i just end the rleationship and accept that he isnt for me or that I am not for him? what can i take to get over my ARS sysmtpoms? Isnt that what I have?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Sick,

When should you start your HIV meds? Hmmm . . . how about never? Is never good for you??? Dude, you are way off base here. You may not have "freaked" when your new boy-toy told you he was virally enhanced, but you definitely freaked big time with your stuffy nose! You are not HIV positive. As for you being a "winner," well, only if you're winning the award for "the biggest anxiety provoking totally illogical nonsensical quantum leap" (stuffy nose to HIV!).

You apparently have much to learn about HIV. I suggest you start with "the basics" that can be accessed under the "Quick Links" section on The Body's homepage. From there you should read the archives of this forum pertaining to magnetic couples (one poz, one neggie), HIV sexual transmission and HIV sexual prevention.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please do not disregard
Next
Thanks Dr. Bob

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.