Thanks for the infor and forums

I spoke to the lab today and he confirmed I was not even considered a positive on the first test like the nurse practioner said. The 1st WB showed one antibody relative to HIV, but he mentioned something about 2.8? And anything over 10 being positive. He suggested maybe a vericilla flair? He would have considered this to be a negative; however, the DR must take precautions. The sendond test was negative and the third sample taken today which I am awaiting the results. I have yet to hear from my DR since all of this has occured, being almost 2wks. Why is my DR not correctly informing patients of these types of results? I do not agree that is the patient's responsibility to contact the lab to find they were provided incorrect information; or misinterpretation of these types of results. Thanks for sending me the other articles. I found a couple of those and they were very informative. I am not sure if the DR is to blame, but it just upsets me and I need to vent after the emotional turmoil patients like myself have to go through!

Misinterpretation of HIV screening tests is unfortunately all too common. Take a read through the archives and you'll see what I mean. When in doubt an HIV specialist can generally sort out the confusion very quickly. As for "the emotional turmoil of patients," go see Michael Moore's new movie, "Sicko," and you'll get a better understanding of just how monumental that problem truly is!

you got me all wrong! haha.
Sake Spitter Victim - please save me!