Do you like danish? (I'm Danish!) - PLEASE respond

Dearest Dr. Bob, I hope you can find time to write a quick reply. My story is that I perfomed oral on a guy who admitted afterwards that he is HIV+. I'm sad to say that I got his semen in my mouth, but spat it out shortly after.

I went to my hospital and they agreed to give me PEP (despite the "low" risk) since I knew that the guy was HIV+. Anyway - I had a test at 4 weeks and another at 8 weeks. They were both negative. How do you rate my chances? (I'm going for my 12 week test for sure - but I'm just so scared!).

I was told I could trust the 12 week test (12 weeks post incident - that is 8 week post end of PEP-treatment) - but I've read that PEP might delay conversion so I'm confused...

Please let me know - how accurate do you think my 8 week test is?

Greetings from Denmark, Europe!

Who could not like Danish? Pastries are yummy. Besides, Danish in Danish is "Weinerbrod" and Danish pastry in German is "Plunderstuck." Those just sound sexy to me.

Regarding your HIV transmission risk, I'd say Relax, Max! (That's assuming your name might be Max, but in reality I have no idea.) First off, the estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected receptive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 1 per 10,000 exposures. Next, you took PEP, which would significantly further decrease your already low risk of transmission. Add to that you've had negative HIV tests at four and eight weeks, which are also very encouraging. Taking into account your very low initial risk, negative HIV tests to date and your having taken PEP, I suggest you should being practicing your WOO-HOO, which in Danish would be JUHUU!!!! Check out the link below for the formal guidelines on PEP for nonoccupational HIV exposures. Follow-up post-PEP HIV testing is recommended at three months and again at the six-month mark.

Good luck. Relax. Have a danish, Danish!

Reinfection
Making Gay Anal Sex Less Painful