Reinfection

My boyfriend gave me HIV and we are still together, I heard that we still have to use condoms even though we are both infected because we can become infected again. I did some research on this web site and from the articles I read it seems that there is evidence of reinfection but through unprotected sex with others whom did not originally give it to you or after you are taking the antiretroviral meds that you can be infected with a resistant strain of HIV. My question comes down to this can me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex if we are not taking any meds?

Thank you for your help.

"Can" you have unprotected sex with your HIV+ boyfriend? Sure you "can," but the real question is should you?!? Even though he transmitted his viral strain to you, once the virus is in a different host, it can evolve somewhat differently, in spite of you both not being on meds. Consequently, there are still risks involved.

In addition, unprotected sex places you (and him) at risk for other STDs. Contracting another STD can send your HIV into overdrive.

My advice is to continue using condoms. Personally, I wouldn't risk doing otherwise.

Stay safe. Stay well.

this might sound crazy
Do you like danish? (I'm Danish!) - PLEASE respond