Bangkok blues

Hi doc. I am a stupid aussie who got drunk last night and had unprotcted vaginal sex for about 15 minutes with a girl I assume is a prostitute because when I went to sleep she stole my wallet. I am wondering now if a good diet and clean living will help fight back hiv from astablishing itself in my body at this early stage. I know the odds are in my favour, but I am still scared ,so if you find time can you please get back to me. I will make a small donation regaurdless. all the best mate.

G'day Aussie,

She stole your wallet? Dude, didn't anyone warn you that banging cock in Bangkok is different than shagging a Sheila in Sydney???

You are correct: the odds are in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this single episode; however, HIV testing at the three-month mark is still warranted, as the cock-banging in Bangkok was unprotected.

Good nutrition and clean living? Yeah, I can understand good nutrition down under (excluding that vile vegemite stuff), but clean living? What kind of Aussie are you anyway? Kidding aside, good nutrition, adequate rest/sleep, plenty of exercise, decreased stress, not smoking and drinking only in moderation are all good for your general health, including your immune health. Will it help you fight off HIV? Nope. But it will help you look better naked and there's a lot to be said for that.

Thanks for the donation, mate. (www.concertedeffort.org) I'll send my good-luck karma that your three-month definitive HIV test is negative and that Bangkok Betty didn't run your credit cards up to the limit.

Good luck, mate.

Nipple Biting & Exposure to Blood
Volunteer work