Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER
Jul 16, 2007

I think your site is amazing and am so glad I found it. I am undoubtedly making a donation to help. I just a few minutes ago posted a question regarding my recent trip to a strip club where I received a very brief (10 second) unprotected blowjob. As I said earlier, I did not ejaculate and cleaned off the area with some iodine after the incident. I have not been promiscuous like this in the past and never will be again. I am married and really having a hard time doing anything due to my anxiety. I also don't know how to act with my wife when she will want to have sex in the coming week. Should I take a RNA based test within 12 days to calm my fears or is the risk so remote that I am essentially freaking out about nothing?

I sincerely apologize about asking another question only minutes after posting my original question, but after reading through some of the recent answers, I noticed sometimes some questions go unanswered for a while. I would REALLY APPRECIATE anything you can do to respond to my question as soon as possible. I'm in a bad place and could really use some level-headed advice.

Thanks so much for everything you do.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Yes, "some questions go unanswered for a while." In fact, the vast majority of questions go unanswered forever. I can only respond to a very small percentage of the thousands of questions that flood my inbox from throughout the cyber universe on a continuous basis. I wish I could answer them all, but until we perfect human cloning that just won't be physically possible. Consequently, instead I urge folks to search the archives for the information or reassurance they need. For instance, if you were to type "lap dance" into the search box and hit go, you'd get exactly 685 references. Your situation and concerns are exactly like those of many others who have had a wingding at the local Badda Bing. My responses are always the same. So much so that I often feel like I belong in "The Department of Redundancy Department." So, I'll be brief redundant, but also brief and refer you to the archives for more detailed information if you need it, OK?

1. The HIV-transmission risk for a 10-second unprotected blowjob is extremely minimal.

2. If you are worried, get a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark.

3. Level with your wife about your Badda Bing BJ. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

That's my "level-headed advice." Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send my good luck karma that your three-month definitive HIV test is negative. Although in reality, I doubt you'll even need the luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
WOULD YOU AGREE WITH MY HIV/ID DR??
Next
the strange paradox of hiv - for worried wells

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.