Jul 12, 2007
I received oral sex from a stripper. 12 weeks later I had a fever that lasted for about a week. I had an HIV test done at 12 weeks past the possible exposure that came back negative. Is this test conclusive even though it was given while I was experiencing the fever symptom? Also would the fact that I was taking the antibiotic Cipro have any effect on the test? Thank you for your help. Matt
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, your 12-week negative test is conclusive, despite your concurrent symptoms and use of Cipro. Neither would affect the HIV-antibody test results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.