Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am scared please answer

Jul 12, 2007

Dear Bob, I wrote to you before but I never got an answer, plz right me back if you can and I will be happy to do donation bc I believe in your work. Had 3 sex since the last blood test (neg result in '05). all of them I had condom on. 1 st one I received a head the second one was a co-worker and 3rd one was a hooker. got a cold 4 weeks ago with sore throat and ear infection and sinus went on Augmentin 500-125 for 14 days, and some dicongestion and some allergy nasal spray (fluticasone). still my throat is red and burns when I swallow (2 out of scale of 10) the lymph nodes are irritated but not inflamed more than 1 cm. in the groin regin and sometimes I feel it under arm but when I test (physical exam) nothing obvious I feel . Am I a worrier for no reason?! the throat is still red and I can see some capliaries. Please answer this time and tell me ur thoughts. btw, please send me the link to donation page.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Are you worried for no reason? Absofrickinlutely!

Your three bouts of sex since your last negative HIV test were all condom protected. Assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, your HIV transmission risk would be essentially nonexistent. Your symptoms are consistent with a sinus head cold or allergy, not HIV!

If you remain worried, get a single rapid HIV test three months or more after your last potential exposure. It will undoubtedly be negative, but it may well be the most effective and efficient way to put your totally unwarranted HIV worries permanently to rest.

Thanks for your willingness to donate to help those in desperate need. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's webpage at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
elite controllers
Next
WOHOO? nah! YABADABADOOO!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.