Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you and follow up
Jul 11, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob,

Huge thanks for your response (I wrote few weeks ago)!

Being somewhat skeptical, even about your permission to WOO HOO and good karma (my confession and a plea for forgiveness), I went for another round of ELISA HIV 1/2 tests and DNA PCR (all came back negative). (just to recap - I had exposures 5 to 12 years ago (in Europe and US) and have been experiencing several symptoms recently: whitish tongue, diarrhea, abdominal aches, etc).

What prompted me to test again are other minor symptoms I have been experiencing: white coating on the throat (may be acid as my physician said), small 1 millimeter pimple under my tongue (doesnt go away) and few times I noticed a small red patch inside my mouth that disappeared within a day, same with a small red spot on my tongue (three times) - it went away within a day. Please comment and allow me to WOO-HOO with no doubt.

I am looking forward to the Conceretedeffort updated website as I spread the word about the cause and contribute on regular basis.

Last comment: we must demand the cure for HIV and other diseases from our lunatic government. If we can fund the war (1 trillion or more) by means of extraordinary funding (bypassing regular budged) we can do the same with funding for cure for devastating diseases!

Donation follows.

Love and admiration,

Confused in transition to WOO-HOO-ing

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Confused in Transition to WOO-HOOing?

Confused about what? Negative is negative. Nothing the least bit confusing about that!

Your symptoms are not indicative of HIV and your repetitive (and excessive) HIV tests, including DNA PCR, all negative following your "exposures 5 to 12 years ago, are conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way, no how.

As for our lunatic government, I couldn't agree more. If the folks who voted for Dubya (and the GOP) can't see what a monumental disaster he's been for not only the U.S., but for the entire world, then they are even more deluded than he is.

The updated Web site for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) is indeed still under construction. I did get a look at the new design earlier today and it's very nifty (lots of red and black). Hopefully it will be "online" soon. Until then our "old" site is still operating just fine.

Stop being skeptical (You've run out of things to even be skeptical about!) and start WOO-HOOing with complete confidence, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
A Wanglepecking Thankyou
Next
RE: STOP bothering Dr.Bob-you probably dont need to!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.