condom safety and another lapdance question

hello Dr. Frascino,

I know the subject has been brought up by other readers before regarding lapdance risk for expossure to hiv, but how many lapdances is too many a number to place someone at high risk? Also, when I've had vaginal intercourse, I've used two condoms instead of one, do you think using more than one condom at a time can improve chance of prevention and thus reduce risk better? I hope I get these questions answered, and I can't thank you enough. Your work at this website can never be repaid. Thank you.

Miguel

Hello Miguel,

The HIV transmission risk of a lap dance is essentially nonexistent. Consequently, the number of lap dances that would place someone at high risk for HIV doesn't exist. Zero risk times any number still equals zero.

Regarding condoms, as it turns out, "more is less!" More than one condom can lead to less HIV protection! "Double bagging," using two latex condoms, can result in increased risk of condom failure, due to the friction of latex rubbing against latex causing a breakdown of the integrity of the condom(s). Don't do it!

Finally, yes, these subjects have both been addressed multiple times in this forum. (Have a look in the archives!), but they haven't yet reached the level of QTND ("Questions That Never Die!") however, they are well on their way!

Rub And Tug And Others
is this just another snakeoil article