Waiting for Miracle

Dear Dr.

Thank you very much for the reply. The guy I had unprotected sex is my ex-boyfriend. He told me to have a HIV test when I told him that I was going to change a doctor in April. As I listed in first question, I have so many problems. He told me to have a HIV test and he was suffered the same. He was tested HIV positive in May 2006 in NY. I had unprotected sex with him in Oct 2005. He didn't think I was infected with it as I told him that I donated blood after window period. However when I told him that I suffered from some disease. He confessed to me he tested hiv positive.I was shocked. The Home access test is for using in US only. We tried to get one and was told of that. I have to tell media, I hope they can help to trace the person who has transfusion with my blood so that we can talk to hygiene department together. However the correspondent was rejected by blood station. That is why people cannot see the report of donating blood. As the country did not update the virus bank in time, especially some new rare strain. The possibility of infecting the virus is slim. And it is a developing country, doesnot have much money in this field. I need your help. Please advise what kind of test we should take when anti-body test failed. If possible, pls tell me the new subtypes of HIV after 1996. You must have known the first case of infected with HIV subtype O in USA. The lady went to test many times but the result were all negative until the lab using other test method 2 years later and she was very low CD4 count. People can find the story in CDC website. Dear Bob, we desperately need your help. If possible, pls help me to get the sequence of the 3-DCR HIV. Our local CDC are trying to help us out of this too. They know we are suffered a lot from the disease but they cannot be more of help. They are going to do a PCR test for us. The sequence of virus is important for the design of primer. The databank of virus is not a complete one. Although My CD4 is not low, but the vrial load cannot be detected, it could be very high. You may have seen the report on 3-DCR. It is the most virulent virus and it has two ways to attack people¡s immune system.That is why we have so much symptoms in latent period. And if the virus load can be detected, we are probably aids patient now. It is easy for me to prove it. It is easy to get another one infected with it but it really hard to do so. I am kind person and I and my family member are suffering a lot from it. I donot want such tragedy happen to other family. Many friends were trying to help me. They help to make phone call to our CDC. I went to our nation CDC and asked them to send my blood to USA. Because I called CDC of USA, they told me if our government asks for help from USA government, they will help us. However our government refused to do so. Infected with HIV is a tragedy. Infected with it and can¡t be treated¡.. So many rashes came out from my son¡s leg, he coughed days and night, abdominal cramps and diarrhea, headache¡ He cried while he asked me: Mom, why I am always ill this two months. I was crying, I want to hold him, but I dare not. There are so many wounds on our bodies, got rankled, hard to heal. I took pic at every stages of the rashes. I sent them to ask for help. Medicine doesnot work on them. Many new big rashes keep coming out of his body. I took him to see a dentist yesterday he told me he had a toothache . Feeling of nausea this morning. About 10 days ago, he told me: mom I sometimes found you have 2 heads, and two air conditioners. That is change of vision. He told me it was painful on his genital and anal area about five days ago. It lasted a few minutes then disappeared. I know what kind of feeling it is. I experienced that months ago. I cannot list out all the symptoms here. And I know if the virus cannot be killed by the right drugs, more symptoms are waiting for us ahead. I know I am on the way to another world with my child. But I can¡t give up as long as there is a slim chance for us. Dear Dr. Please please try if you have any ideas to help us. Thank you,

I agree you desperately need help, but not the kind I can provide. You need a psychiatrist, not more HIV tests. Once again my assessment and advice remain unchanged. (See below.)

New rare HIV strain test Jul 9, 2007

Dear Dr.

Thank you for answering my question.I totally agree with your opinion that any HIV can be detected by anti-body screening test.However it just like you have turkey on thanksgiving day and I've never seen what a turkey looks like in real life. What I mean is we are in different country under different conditions. The best test kit here is HIV uni-form II plus O. It is not approved to be used in the US. The sensitivities and specificities of different test kits are different. I am sure I will be tested HIV positive if I have chance to have a HIV test in the US or by the test kit approved by FDA. If you can bring me a test kit from US I'd like to pay all the fees. I am serious. However I know it is for using in US only. What I told in previous question are all the truth.I'd like to tell you more about it in email. My CD4 cell decreased. It was 942/ml last month and now it is 833/ml. Though it is still far from an opportunity infection. But it is going down. Pls tell me if any other test I can try besides anti-body screening test. Thank you very much.

My assessment and advice remain unchanged.(See below)

Why are you having CD4 tests run when you have absolutely no need for those tests? As for your two values, 942 and 833, these are, not unexpectedly, both completely normal! There is considerable day to day and even diurnal variation (changes within a 24-hour period) in CD4 cell counts. They bounce up and down within the normal range continually. Once again you are misinterpreting laboratory data.

As for my brining an FDA-approved test to wherever you are, thanks for the offer, but no thanks! If you want an FDA-approved test, order a Home Access Express Test. They are available online. Your result will undoubtedly be negative. However, I have no doubt that despite getting a negative FDA-approved test, you still won't believe the result. Hence, my recommendation that you seek psychiatric help remains unchanged.

New rare HIV strain Jul 7, 2007

Dear Dr. I am from China. I had unsafe sex with a Chinese guy (a bisextual who is working in NY) in Oct 2005. Acute HIV symptoms (fever,diarrhea,sore throat)appeared 3 days later. I have a test after the window period. It is negative. However I fell ill 3 months later. Now,more and more symptoms developed on me and other family members. I went to test for 6 times. all were negative. From the progression of the disease I think it could be the new rare strain called HIV 3-DCR which were found in NYC in 2005. And the test kit is HIV uni-form II plus O. I think new rare strain cannot be detected by the test kit. The symptoms are listed below 1.weakness in arms, legs 2. inability to stand or walk (four months later) 3.numbness, tingling, pain 4. thick fluid from mouth 5.Shortness of breath 6.diarrhea 7.bleeding, such as from the nose or gums, blood in the urine or stool, 8. easy bruising 9.paralysis 10.unexplained weight loss (5kg loss in a month) 11.Fatigue 12.muscle ache(from mid 2006 to present) 13.Unusual sores on the skin, genital anal areas , feet and fingers(from mid 2006 to present) 14.Severe numbness or pain in the hands and feet (starts from mid 2006) 15.inability to do mental tasks that has done in the past (start from early 2007) 16.rashes that appear on legs and arms( start from 2007/05/30) 17.abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting (from mid 2006 to present) 18.slow thinking 19.hard to concentrate It is getting severe by the day. My son's symptoms are listed as below: 1.Fever (39.3 for 3 days) 2.Diarrhea(four times a day) 3.night sweet 4.cough 5.easily to catch a cold 6.numbness of legs and feet 7.abdominal cramps (lasts more than a month) 8.nausea and vomiting 9.headache and hard to fall asleep (start from May 26, last 1-2 days,then disappear) 10.rashes came out from legs and back 11.changes of vision 12.repeated yeast infection of the mouth 13.fatigue I told media about my infection of new rare strain. I was fired during the sick leave. Now I am in very bad situation. One hand I was told that I was not infected with HIV. Another hand CDC government told my company that I am hiv carrier. Please help me. Is there any other ways to detect the virus If I were infected with this rare strain HIV 3-DCR. Thank you very much.

The "CDC government told my company that I am HIV carrier"???? What???? You'll have to give me a bit more information about that, because, based on your repeated (and excessive) HIV tests, you are conclusively and definitively HIV negative and I cannot imagine the CDC would actually say such a thing. Please note even if you had three-drug-class resistant HIV (HIV 3-DCR), you would still test HIV positive on HIV antibody screening tests! Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: it's not HIV! No way, no how. If a physical cause cannot be determined for your symptoms, you should consider psychosomatic illness.

Telling the media about a nonexistent infection really wasn't a very bright idea. I urge you to stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have and get the psychological/psychiatric help you obviously need to confront your totally unwarranted and completely irrational fears.

Sicko
Rub And Tug And Others