New rare HIV strain test

Dear Dr.

Thank you for answering my question.I totally agree with your opinion that any HIV can be detected by anti-body screening test.However it just like you have turkey on thanksgiving day and I've never seen what a turkey looks like in real life. What I mean is we are in different country under different conditions. The best test kit here is HIV uni-form II plus O. It is not approved to be used in the US. The sensitivities and specificities of different test kits are different. I am sure I will be tested HIV positive if I have chance to have a HIV test in the US or by the test kit approved by FDA. If you can bring me a test kit from US I'd like to pay all the fees. I am serious. However I know it is for using in US only. What I told in previous question are all the truth.I'd like to tell you more about it in email. My CD4 cell decreased. It was 942/ml last month and now it is 833/ml. Though it is still far from an opportunity infection. But it is going down. Pls tell me if any other test I can try besides anti-body screening test. Thank you very much.

My assessment and advice remain unchanged.(See below)

Why are you having CD4 tests run when you have absolutely no need for those tests? As for your two values, 942 and 833, these are, not unexpectedly, both completely normal! There is considerable day to day and even diurnal variation (changes within a 24-hour period) in CD4 cell counts. They bounce up and down within the normal range continually. Once again you are misinterpreting laboratory data.

As for my brining an FDA-approved test to wherever you are, thanks for the offer, but no thanks! If you want an FDA-approved test, order a Home Access Express Test. They are available online. Your result will undoubtedly be negative. However, I have no doubt that despite getting a negative FDA-approved test, you still won't believe the result. Hence, my recommendation that you seek psychiatric help remains unchanged.

New rare HIV strain Jul 7, 2007

Dear Dr. I am from China. I had unsafe sex with a Chinese guy (a bisextual who is working in NY) in Oct 2005. Acute HIV symptoms (fever,diarrhea,sore throat)appeared 3 days later. I have a test after the window period. It is negative. However I fell ill 3 months later. Now,more and more symptoms developed on me and other family members. I went to test for 6 times. all were negative. From the progression of the disease I think it could be the new rare strain called HIV 3-DCR which were found in NYC in 2005. And the test kit is HIV uni-form II plus O. I think new rare strain cannot be detected by the test kit. The symptoms are listed below 1.weakness in arms, legs 2. inability to stand or walk (four months later) 3.numbness, tingling, pain 4. thick fluid from mouth 5.Shortness of breath 6.diarrhea 7.bleeding, such as from the nose or gums, blood in the urine or stool, 8. easy bruising 9.paralysis 10.unexplained weight loss (5kg loss in a month) 11.Fatigue 12.muscle ache(from mid 2006 to present) 13.Unusual sores on the skin, genital anal areas , feet and fingers(from mid 2006 to present) 14.Severe numbness or pain in the hands and feet (starts from mid 2006) 15.inability to do mental tasks that has done in the past (start from early 2007) 16.rashes that appear on legs and arms( start from 2007/05/30) 17.abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting (from mid 2006 to present) 18.slow thinking 19.hard to concentrate It is getting severe by the day. My son's symptoms are listed as below: 1.Fever (39.3 for 3 days) 2.Diarrhea(four times a day) 3.night sweet 4.cough 5.easily to catch a cold 6.numbness of legs and feet 7.abdominal cramps (lasts more than a month) 8.nausea and vomiting 9.headache and hard to fall asleep (start from May 26, last 1-2 days,then disappear) 10.rashes came out from legs and back 11.changes of vision 12.repeated yeast infection of the mouth 13.fatigue I told media about my infection of new rare strain. I was fired during the sick leave. Now I am in very bad situation. One hand I was told that I was not infected with HIV. Another hand CDC government told my company that I am hiv carrier. Please help me. Is there any other ways to detect the virus If I were infected with this rare strain HIV 3-DCR. Thank you very much.

The "CDC government told my company that I am HIV carrier"???? What???? You'll have to give me a bit more information about that, because, based on your repeated (and excessive) HIV tests, you are conclusively and definitively HIV negative and I cannot imagine the CDC would actually say such a thing. Please note even if you had three-drug-class resistant HIV (HIV 3-DCR), you would still test HIV positive on HIV antibody screening tests! Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: it's not HIV! No way, no how. If a physical cause cannot be determined for your symptoms, you should consider psychosomatic illness.

Telling the media about a nonexistent infection really wasn't a very bright idea. I urge you to stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have and get the psychological/psychiatric help you obviously need to confront your totally unwarranted and completely irrational fears.

what to believe
Worried about a sexual experience