Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Short questions
Jul 9, 2007

Dear Dr.Bob, I appreciate what you did and what you are doing very much. Here I just have three short questions: (1) In your career, have you ever seen the infection just through one and only one unprotected vaginal sex? (2)In your career, if there's no repeat risky exposure, have you ever seen that the window period is more than 10 months? (3) If a patient has had only one unprotected risky exposure but she/he had 10 months negative testing results, could we convince him that she/he get married and have babies?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Three short questions. Three short answers:

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. With a negative FDA-approved HIV antibody test 10 months after a single unprotected risky exposure, you could definitively and conclusively state the person is HIV negative. However, as for convincing him or her to get married and have babies, that's an entirely different subject I'm not qualified to address. You see, I'm gay and Dubya and his cronies don't believe I should ever get married. Similarly, they don't want me to adopt kids either.

Is it 2008 yet? "Jan 20, 2009 End of an Error"

Dr. Bob

Previous
broken condom insertive anal - PEP?
Next
what to believe

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.