Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i beg you for a breif answer
Jul 8, 2007

dr bob pls understand my pain and answr breifly.i dont mean to take your time.sorry for everything.i had encouter with a girl and we both were in excitement so i was leaking precum due to excitement and my tip of the penis(uthera) just touched her vaginal fluid coming out of her vagina for 5-6 seconds.i immediately cleaned it off.what are my chances of infection.not indulge in any kind of penetration.promise to make a donation

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You want me to "answr breifly?" The reason I haven't responded previously is that I was hoping you would read the archives, as I've answered similar concerns in the past and my response is always the same.

Your HIV transmission risk seems low based on the information provided, but I have no way of actually knowing if HIV-infected vaginal fluids did indeed come into significant contact with the mucous membrane of your urethra (not "uthera," by the way). Consequently my advice to you and anyone else who feels they may have placed themselves at risk for HIV is to get an HIV antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this extremely minimal potential risk exposure.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Private Medical Testing Centers For STD's/STI's
Next
Reactive ELISA with non-reactive Western Blot.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.