HIV through bloody clothes??

This is in no way meant to offend you, merely a question.

Why do you waste your time answering ridiculous questions such as the one in the title? I understand that you receive vast amounts of messages and have limited time in which to answer, but are questions such as the one above; Hiv through bath water;Hiv on swimsuits, really worthy of your attention? Are your replies in these cases of educational value to anyone over the age of 6 or IQ above 60, (or George Bush)? I'm sure i speak for the majority of those thousands of posters who await your reply regarding real risk and situations with real symptoms, that for you to waste your precious 7 or 8 posts per day on silly and probably joke questions such as these is very frustrating! If they are real questions they could google the answers for themselves in seconds!

Message posted with ultimate respect and admiration for you though Dr Bob!

No offense taken. I do have a reason to select and post certain questions. I can assure you that questions that seem ridiculous to you are very real to the person posting. Sometimes they come from countries with very repressive governments and almost no sexual/HIV education (like the United States, for instance!). Other times I post these questions to remind people just how much ignorance and misinformation still exists about HIV/AIDS. My hope is that, by pointing this out, the readers of this forum will more full realize the need for improved HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention and education programs, including age-appropriate, science-based sex education in our schools.

I should also point out that well over 99% of all questions I receive I've already addressed previously. Consequently, even all those "thousands of posters who await (my) reply regarding real risk and situations with real symptoms" should be able to do a simple search of the archives and quickly locate the information and/or reassurance they desire. Give it a try! I've been answering questions here for a number of years. So even questions about bisexual cross-dressing Mormon midgets with webbed feet are no longer new or unusual for this forum.

Finally, what makes you think Dubya has an IQ anywhere near 60??? Remember "1/20/2009! The End of an Error!"

Aids Defining
correct informations (CONDOMS)