New to a relationship (he is pos, I am neg)(Have some concerns)

Dr. Bob, I am sure somewhere in the forum, you have answered all of my questions, but I wanted to ask anyway. I recently started dating a guy who told me he was HIV +. Seeing as I am HIV -, my first thought was to get out of the situation. Well, needless to say, I really like him, and am not going to throw that out over my fears. I am scared to death of contracting HIV, and just wanted to see if you could clarify a few things for me. First off, we have not had sex yet, anal, or oral. We have had our fair share of mutual maturbation, kissing, etc. which is still amazing ;-). Am I at any risk with these activities? I know there is not so much a risk with the kissing. With Mutual masturbation is there a risk? I mean, we do swap off each other occasionally. Still kind of new to all this, trying to sort myself out, anything you could educate me on regarding these activities would be appreciated so much! Thanks

Neither kissing nor mutual masturbation is considered a significant risk for HIV transmission.

As a new "magnetic couple" (one poz, one neggie), I suggest you and your boyfriend read through the archives of this forum that pertain to "magnetic couples" and "HIV transmission (sexual)." This should answer many of your concerns. If you have specific questions after perusing that information, write back and I'll try to help. Your partner's HIV specialist should also be a good source of specific information for you both.

Good luck. Remember, opposites attract!

STOP bothering Dr.Bob-you probably dont need to!
Just donated- Bless your Heart