HIV Detected During Surgery
Jul 4, 2007
A couple of friends and I were debating a question: Can HIV be detected if you have major surgery and the person not know they are HIV postive. Will it be difficult for them to recover, or is this something that can't be detected?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope. Just being HIV positive does not affect recovery time for surgical procedures, nor can HIV be "detected" merely by doing a surgical procedure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Oral Thrush Pain Relief
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
- White Blood Cell Genital Vaginal
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.