The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Happy Canada Day Doc!

Jul 3, 2007

Ok, I answered my own question (four long hours on this forum last night). And Im hoping it should also calm the fears of others!

If you have protected sex and the condom did not fail (break, slit etc), the medically speaking, HIV testing is not warranted. HIV cant penetrate latex, NO WAY, NO HOW.

Protected sex is indeed protected if the latex condom is used properly and doesn't break. However, for all of you "anxiety people": once again, protected is protected, pure and simple. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

However, to relieve this anxiety, the option to test at three months is available, though it would only be to calm your fears. Medically speaking, its not warranted.

So, as the good doctor would say "kiss those fears goodbye!" "play safe and you will stay safe".

Remember, HIV is not your problem. Bush is. ;)

How did I do doc?

p.s. I just bought my water based lube, 12 pack of condoms and called the ex over. I think its time we made up, safety first of course. Ill let you know how it went.

Response from Dr. Frascino


How did you do? Fine. I agree: HIV is not your problem. Bush is.

With a 12-pack of latex condoms, lots of water-based slippery stuff and calling your "ex" over, I'm quite sure it will indeed be a Happy Canada Day at your house. Makeup sex is hot!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Your logic.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint