Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

IM SORRY DR BOB
Jul 3, 2007

Dr bob I'm sorry I wrote you about the Colonoscopy.Thats what I had done I wrote gal bladder cause they thought I may have had a problem with it and I was so upset I wasn't thinking right.My dad died of colon cancer to make things worse and it bothers me.But its true I got up to use the bathroom before they started procedure and they didn't unhook me from the iv and heart monitor lines the iv bag was hanging on this thing on wheels and i walked out pushing it.when i was wiping myself the iv tubing and monitor wire

got in my butt by accident I was wiping myself morrhoid was bleeding from the prep cause I went so much.Also I had just got done testing after being with a girl and knew I was neg that added to it.So I started to think what if. I do have a anxiety and depression problem. I guess I need to get more help with it.But if would be so kind to answer each one of these questions so I can print this out and take it to my psychiatrist so we can go over it .it would help me a great deal your a very kind man and i know you will help thanks dr bob

1)do you feel I need an hiv test cause of this? 2)what are my chances of getting hiv from the iv tubing and heart monitor wire going into my butt where I have a bleeding hemorrhoid? 3)what are my chances of catching hiv from a colonscopy with a bleeding hemorrhoid?4)do you feel I need an hiv test because of this? 5)what are my chances of catching hiv from the hospital gown not sure if they washed it or not. 6)what are my chances of catching hiv from the toilet paper in the place? 7)I was sitting in a chair that everyone sits on before there colonoscopy in the hospital gown that's was very thin im worried of blood being on the seat and going through the gown what are my chances of catching hiv this way? 8)what are the chances someones blood with on the iv line or monitor line?

thank you dr bob you are a god send.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

No apology needed.

1. No, absolutely not.

2. Nonexistent.

3. Nonexistent.

4. No, absolutely not.

5. Nonexistent.

6. Nonexistent.

7. Nonexistent.

8. Nonexistent.

I absolutely agree you have a very significant problem with anxiety and completely irrational fears of HIV. I strongly recommend you continue with your psychiatric care.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Did I get exposed?
Next
Re: I love you Dr Bob!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.