Fellow Dr's Request For Confirmation.

Dear Dr.Bob, first off accept my cordial greetings.Indeed the service that you have been providing here is quite extraordinary, I mean it Sir. I request you kindly to extend your service to a fellow Doctor.My wife tested Negative for HIV1&2 By the ELISA Method exactly 1year and 3 months into our married life.We have ofcourse had hundreds of episodes unprotected sexual intercourse during that period.Given the fact that my wife has tested Negative for Hiv1&2 after 1 year three months of married life and numerous episodes of unprotected sex, I, modestly request you to confirm with me the fact that both, my wife and I are indeed HIV NEGATIVE.Please do answer this question Dear Sir. I would also like to know as to how I should proceed to make a donation towards this fund.Thank you

The only "fact" that can be confirmed from the information you present is that your wife is HIV-1 and HIV-2 negative. Her negative status cannot be used as a surrogate to determine your HIV status. The only way to determine your HIV status is for you to get your own HIV antibody test! Even with hundreds of unprotected exposures, you cannot assume you are negative, just because your wife has tested negative. Remember, the estimated per-act transmission risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex is 5 per 10,000 exposures to an infected source! There is no way around it. If you want to know your HIV status, get tested!

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Good luck!

Institut Max Planck: des charlatans?
nPEP advice