what are some good HIV self-test kits, if any?

I've had a couple of encounters I'm worried about... I asked you some questions but haven't received any answers. I still thank you for your service though, as your website is what's keeping me from going crazy.

Now, do you recommend self-tests at all? If so, what are some good HIV self-tests that I could buy?

I'm definitely going to get the ELISA done at the 3-month mark (my college does two ELISA tests and, if needed, a western blot test for free... so that sounds pretty good) and I realize my risk of actually having HIV is very small, but I'd like to take some sort of self-test at around 6-9 weeks, just because I'd feel a lot better if I actually saw a negative test, even if it's not considered definitive.

Thank you! -Worried college guy

Hello Worried College Guy,

The only FDA-approved HIV home test kit is the Home Access Express Test. It is sold in retail shops and online pharmacies for about 50 bucks for routine mailing with results available in about seven days. You can pay more and expedite the results using FedEx. The test is performed using a lancet by which you obtain some blood via a poke and apply it to a filter strip, which is then mailed in a protected envelope using an anonymous code. You then call in for your result. You can read more about Home Access Express tests as well as all other HIV tests in the archives and on the related links.

HIV between two hiv-negative people?(HIV TRANSMISSION BETWEEN TWO HIV NEGATIVES)
Institut Max Planck: des charlatans?