donation sent! - dirty testing site

hi doc i used a testing site in NJ to get tested via the orasure test - the mouth swab - and it was kind of dirty there. i was able to open the half of the page myself that has the swab in it but the chair was sitting in had what may have been blood stains on it and it just didnt seem safe there all over

has anyone ever gotten infected by using a free testing site that was dirty these people running it were not doctors and she handeled the package i used to swab my mouth without wearing gloves then slapped me on the back when it was over and i was negatiave, like really hard some guy came into the room and was like sharpening pencils and stuff while i was trying to talk to the woman testing me

do you think i might be at some risk because i used their facilities?

please help! jay

Hello Jay,

You cannot get HIV infected from going to an HIV testing center and taking an oral HIV test! If you could, that would sorta defeat the whole purpose of testing sites, don't cha think? Jay, neither dirt, dried blood stains or pencil filings transmit HIV! You also can't get it from a congratulatory slap on the back, even if it was a bit overly vigorous. Your risk is nonexistent. You remain definitively and conclusively HIV negative. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

I hate you Dr Bob
Thank you Dr. Bob from mom and son