Still worried and confused...

Dear Dr. Bob,

I have attached my previous question and your reply from earlier this month for your review....here are the follow up questions.

Had another test at 12 weeks (84 days) post exposure which was negative. Had the Hep B and C tests at the same time which also returned negative.

1) Is 12 weeks considered conclusive? Is 12 weeks what you consider three months or is 90 days the three month guideline?

My concern is that I still have a yeast infection in the mouth/tongue (seeing ENT for this) and the test may not be conclusive.

2) Would/could a week make a difference? Could the test result change from 12 weeks to 13 weeks?

3) Are the Hep B and C tests conclusive? Cannot seem to get a straight answer on this from any website or hotline (including this site). I know this is not your area of expertise but your opinion would be appreciated.

4) Is this Woo Hooable yet....honestly?

Thanks again for your kind words and wishes.

Donation sent two weeks ago.

Please keep up the good work.....I don't know if you really understand how important your efforts and time are so greatly appreciated by those that are in these situations. It is a very difficult time as you know and it is nice to have someplace to turn and get real answers with explanations and thought and not just the standard replies over and over. Thank you again.

Please, please, please answer.. Jun 3, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob,

Thank you for your efforts and for reviewing these questions.

Had a negative rapid test today at 10 weeks from exposure (gave fingering and vaginal oral).

But having symptoms such as OHL, white coated tongue and canker sores in the mouth.

First, would or is it likely that these symptoms would appear this early?

Secondly, would or is it likely that these symptoms would appear before detection?

Thanks so very much! Donation on the way answer or not.

First off, fingering and oral sex carry an extremely low risk of HIV transmission. Next, "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in determining who is and is not HIV infected. Finally, your 10-week negative HIV rapid test is extremely encouraging. Taking all this into account, I would say your chances of being HIV infected are extremely remote. Stop worrying. Get a three-month test. The odds are now astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from these very low risk activities. Start practicing your WOO-HOO! Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative; however, in reality I strongly doubt you'll need the good luck!

Be well. (I'm quite sure you are!)

Hello Still Worried and Confused,

Welcome back to the forum. Sorry to hear you are "still worried and confused," as I see very little cause for concern or confusion! Let me respond directly to your specific questions first.

1. A 12-week negative HIV test is indeed conclusive for your very low-risk exposure ("fingering and vaginal oral"). Your yeast infection, as with the vast majority of yeast infections in general, has absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. Absofrickinlutely!

Your worries are completely unwarranted. Your HIV risk is extremely low; your "symptoms" are not worrisome or specific for HIV and your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 12 weeks are conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I told you last time to start practicing your WOO-HOO. This time I encourage you to let that practice pay off and begin WOO-HOOing with gusto! See, I told you that you didn't need my good-luck karma, but you still have it nonetheless. Be well. Remember HIV is not your problem!

u on tv
Thank you and tell me how to fight denialists (AIDS DENIALISTS) (GARY NULL)