Anal Strap-on Session - Am I at risk?

Dear Bob,

First, I'd like to tell you how much I admire your willingness to spend time and effort to answer questions (sometimes repeatedly) from folks on this forum, many of whom are in a panic-stricken state.

Hopefully, you'll be willing to answer questions from this panic-stricken male individual.

I recently visited a female "professional" for an anal strap-on session. I brought my own strap-on harness, dildo, condoms and lubrication.

I placed the condom on the dildo and put lubricant on it, as well as in my anus. We then proceeded with a very vigorous session where I was on my stomach and she was basically laying on top of me most of the time. The only time that she touched the dildo is when she placed a rubber "O" ring over the base of the condom to better secure it, and when she was holding the base to guide it in. In addition, I was given a handjob at the end of the session, and I noticed later that I had a red abrasion on the head of my penis.

The bottom line is, given the above activities, do you feel that I'm at risk for HIV or any other STD such that it warrants testing? The only thing that I did not bring was the rubber "O" ring. This belonged to her, and I believe that she disposed of it (although I'm not absolutely sure) at the same time as the condom. This leads me to believe that she does not re-use rings.

Although my logical mind tells me that I took all of the proper precautions, my emotional side is creating great doubt and anxiety. I have a significant other that I care very much about, and I want to make sure that she's completely safe.

I apologize for the long-winded description, but I value your opinion immensely, and I really hope that you'll find the time to respond.

Sincerely, KinkyMe

Hello Kinky,

I suggest you listen to your "logical mind," because I absolutely agree with him. You took all the proper precautions such that your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent.

The "emotional side" that is creating the "great doubt and anxiety" is most likely related to guilt. If that is indeed the case, perhaps some counseling could help you come to terms with your extracurricular activities. If possible, I'd suggest leveling with your significant other. She just may surprise you with her own secret kinky side, strap on a strap-on and give you a ride halfway to heaven and back again!

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

A big THANK YOU!
angoisse