HIV and bloodletting

I don't think this question is in the right forum, but through reading years of your advice, I trust what you have to say. So here it goes... My roommate has been HIV + for a year and a half. He is not on any type of traditional therapy and believes in natural healing techniques. The other day, he was talking about "bloodletting," thinking it would help to rid his body of HIV. What are your feelings about this? I have known him for 3 years and don't want him to do anything to jeopardize his health. Thank you Dr. Francisco.

-- N.M.

Bloodletting as a natural healing technique to treat HIV/AIDS??? Just how gullible is your buddy? Did he like vote for Bush or something?

Advise your buddy he is indeed jeopardizing his health. Encourage him to find a competent and compassionate HIV/AIDS specialist with whom he can work cooperatively. Perhaps you could motivate him to check out this Web site.

spreading of infection
I will not get test