Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

spreading of infection
Jun 26, 2007

Hello, hope this question doesn't sound stupid. When I go to the toilet I am afraid to touch the flush button in case semen on my finger may get on it and maybe a woman will touch it and get pregnant if she puts her finger in her vagina. Or maybe get an infection, hopefully not HIV, or something. The same thing happens when I do laundry and come in contact with used underwear. I feel I need to wash my hands immediately afterwards fearing I may contaminate someone else's hands with the semen that may have been in my underwear. So, my question is, anytime I touch my dirty laundry, go urinate, or come in contact with my private parts while sleeping, my hands may have some semen on them. If afterwards I touch a doorknob, a car wheel, or a toilet flush, is there a danger that my semen may spread there? If so, if a woman touches that and than it ends up in her vagina, could she get pregnant or infected?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The pregnancy or STD risk is nonexistent. Your need for psychiatric/psychological help in confronting irrational fears is, on the other hand, very existent indeed.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Re: Ozone therapy
Next
HIV and bloodletting

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.