Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Unusual Transmission pt4, Return of the Jedi
Jun 21, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob, Update:

I Find Your Site Very Reassuring,...@92 days Okay, DNA PCR Was Negative, (I know, expensive/Wasteful (maybe) but I seem to be Experiencing "symptoms" So I thought Hey I'm -ve for Antibodies, 3 months til 6 months is up, lets look for Viruses!) Idiot? Dunno. Like Everyone else Here, I Guess I'm Just Worried About Giving Hiv to Anyone Else, I couldn't live with the Thought I'd wreck Someones Life. I wish the Person Who left their Blood Lying Around Thought of That!!!

London: They Used Abbott Determine 1/2 Point of Care Test..15 later, Negative at 13 Weeks.

Feel Bit Better for 1 day,(still waiting for pcr result at that time) But 3 Day after, I Have Had another Purple Spot in Throat,(purpura/petechiae whatever) WTF!!!! Why Me, I'm Thinking. lasting 1 day, and Some Stubborn Whitish Spots at Back of throat and Purple sore Behind Wisdom tooth STILL there. Tonsils Clear, but Still Large (over 7 weeks now) despite anti-inflammatories/Ibuprofen). Cervical/collar Nodes gave me a little pain again, feel drowsy + very Weak and weird.

Okay, After 3 months, I am Starting to Believe MAYBE I Dont Have Hiv. I can Be OCD, It's Usually Been a help in My Life Actual. So Start thinking About Virus Mutations/Damaged Hiv Virus take longer/Gene Therapy/Immunology undetectable Viruses, titres, Statistics, Who wouldnt? etc Blah Blah.. I Don't actually Care Anymore, I reckon Anxiety + PTSD + OCD + Continual Viral tonsillitis is Causing My Problem, It Has to Be? N'est-ce pas?

The Gp's/Dr's in the UK are Useless, All Gave me Conflicting Info, I know More About Hiv from thebody now than they Do, It's becoming a Joke!! May aswell Join Your Team!

Anyway, So, I Had Contact With (Abeit Dried) BLOOD, on Penal Mucosal Membrane >4 hours.....Since then 3 very mild colds" Iv Had Swollen Nodes, recurring Pharyngitis, 2 Purple spots in Mouth, Negative Mono test, Extreme Fatigue, Constantly enlarged tonsils....(all Medically Confirmed, Not Me talking) Still Negative. To Worried Wells, I think Anxiety + Travel (Recirculated air on planes)/New cold strains/exhaustion + alcohol on Holiday/indiscretion = Reason Why many people Seem to Get ARS Symptoms While Being Negative? My theory anyway. (Hopefully!)

Anxiety Increases Compulsive Disorder/Depression/fatigue. I know all that, (Health Worker/Mensa Member), And Even I Couldnt Believe The Negative Results at 3 months. I'm Supposed to be a Scientist. Iv Never Prayed More. Dan Brown, Eat yer heart Our. Obviously Someone switched Samples, Faulty Kits, Unknown Antigens/Weak Hiv Strain, Slow Converter blah blah blah...lol (Can I laugh?) Wow, I am going to Become a Detective.

I Am Negative, Everyone Tells Me, But I Feel SOOOO Terrible. Still got a Couple of those Cheapy Mirates Test Left, May Aswell Use em', What the Hell Made in China/Non-Fda Approved, if it's Negative i'll Believe it, for about 2 days. If it Positive, well More Tests Because it's Non Approved!! My Arm looks Like a Drug Addicted Sex Workers Now Without The High's and the Sex!! My Sense of Humour is the Only Thing Keeping Me Going.

Dear Dr Bob, If You Collate my Posts together it may help the archives ppl. And If you get time pls Pass me on Some Kind Words, I Need em!! thanks!

UK -Worried, Well(allegedly), But Not quite,..Definately Maybe? x

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Collate your posts to help the archive people??? No, I don't think a stream of consciousness of irrational ranting, parts one through four, would be all that helpful. If the readers of this forum want to hear nonsensical ramblings, they can listen to Dubya's explanation for vetoing stem-cell legislation again or listen to the GOP presidential candidates explain that evolution and global warming don't exist, but that Noah's Arc is fact.

Dude, what can I tell you that I haven't already said? You are negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Stop testing. Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have. You need a psychiatrist to help you confront your unwarranted and irrational HIV fears.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Slightly concerned female
Next
Hetero Unprotected Vaginal - Terrified of HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.