QUESTION FROM DUBAI- UAE, donation on tha way

Dear Dr. Robert, Kindly note that here in Dubai , HIV questions is dealt with a sort of guilt and high security manner, thats why i need your kind advise. 1st: i had a relation with a girl, before we had our intercourse we went to t a lab and did am HIV test for both which came negative. after 3 unprotected intercourse i planned to use condoms, and i did a test after 3 months and it came negative , now we broke up , but since our last (protected) intercourse i noticed that the preservative has slipped couple of times. it has been almost 1 month since our last (slippery intercourse) now am having some chills for almost 1 week , and am measuring my body temperature giving a scale of 37.2 and 37.5 . plus i have little itchy pink dots on my shoulder ( not 2 much)

am suspecting that these are early acute symptoms, and pls note that since 30 days i have lateral meniscus tear which the doctor said its internaly inflamed , perhaps this 37.5 drgrees from the torn internal meniscus though i cant see a swelling in my knee.

kindly note that now i can feel the feelings HIV + guys are having therefore fully convinced that i should participate in supporting your organization .In case you have kindly answered my question please mention the website which i can donate for the organization .

regards.

Hello Dubai-Guy,

I don't know exactly what you mean when you say "the preservative has slipped couple of times." Did the condom just slip up on your shaft or did it slip all the way off? If it just rode up a bit, but the business end (the tip) was still covered, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. However, if it slipped off completely, your HIV risk would be the same as unprotected insertive vaginal sex. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk, you'll need to repeat your HIV test three months after the last potential exposure.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome. A lateral meniscus tear is not associated with HIV, nor would it cause temperature elevation. Your rash is not consistent with HIV.

I remain disappointed that Dubai continues to have such an unenlightened and discriminatory attitude toward HIV/AIDS. This only leads to increased stigma, fear and ignorance, which in and of itself worsens the pandemic and its consequences. I suggest you do whatever you can to bring HIV out of the shadows in Dubai. Change occurs when we demand it.

Thank you for your kind offer to make a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation to help those struggling with the challenges of living with HIV/AIDS worldwide. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck karma that your definitive HIV tests remain negative.

Be well.

Why you don't answer questions...
3rd time, not in the forums - I've looked!