Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Why you don't answer questions...
Jun 20, 2007

Over the years I've submitted so many questions, but they've never been answered. Sometimes the irrational part of my thought process thinks it's because the question might be too borderline to give a good answer, so you err on the side of not answering at all. For example, I recently asked a question about a friend passing me a glass around the rim with his dirty, fresh from the bathroom hands, and i I wondered if urine, blood and whatever he might have touched on the surfaces, door handles, etc, and then I had to put my mouth on the rim of the glass and I had a cut in my mouth where a molar tooth is coming through. Was I at risk? And when I didn't see an answer, I wondered if it might have been too borderline to answer? Please help. Maybe other people have the same fears when their questions go unanswered?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Over the years you've submitted so many questions, but they've never been answered????? Hmmm . . . well, let's see. You want to know the HIV risk of a friend passing you a glass touching the rim with his dirty, fresh-from-the-bathroom hands. You're concerned whether urine, blood or whatever might have touched the surfaces of door handles and then on to your friend's hands and from there on to the rim of the glass and from there into your mouth, which might have had a cut or perhaps a molar tooth coming in . . . . Hmmm . . . and you really wonder why I might skip over "so many questions" like these???

In addition you ask, "Maybe other people have the same fears . . . ?" That one I'll answer. Nope! No one is quite this neurotic.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Female needs some clarification! Please!
Next
QUESTION FROM DUBAI- UAE, donation on tha way

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.