HIV through small skin abrasion?

I am a male and had sex with a sex worker in New Zealand (reasonably low HIV prevalence rate - I think lower than the US). I wore a condom [correctly!!].

Only worry is - I bite my nails and had a small raw patch on the top of my finger. I did not put my finger inside her. She appeared to "lube up" with a water based lubricant and the outside of the condom was wet when I withdrew.

What are my chance of getting HIV by getting some of the fluid on my raw patch of skin. Skin was not bleeding - healing process had probably started (i.e. raw patch had been there for a day or 2 at least and I would assume had some skin over it - just was red). In 4 days, the skin had practyically healed over. Of course, everything seems like an ARS sympton now. Woke up with some sweat on my neck 4 weeks after incident (not drenching body sweat, just sweat on neck) and cannot stop thinking about HIV.

Much chance of getting HIV?

Thanks heaps - you do some good work and I am happy to donate if you tell me where to point my credit card...

Hey New Zealander,

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. The raw patch of skin on your finger would not be considered a risk. The sweat on your neck four weeks after your mattress mambo is not at all concerning for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). If you're worried, you could get an HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. However, this would be primarily to put any residual HIV fears permanently to rest. Personally, I do not feel you need an HIV test for diagnostic purposes.

Credit card donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be easily made on the foundation's secure Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your willingness to help others. Together our concerted efforts can and will turn the tide on this pandemic.

Be well. Stay well.

Urgent - Anxiety Crisis from Mexico
HIV negative 13 weeks