Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Urgent - Anxiety Crisis from Mexico
Jun 20, 2007

Dr bob: First of all, i would like to congratulate you and all your team for all the great work that you do in order to help people that are in the same state of mind that i Do. My donation is comming soon, i would just like to know the information required in order to make the donation from abroad.

Now, this is my problem, last saturday i went with some friends to a strip club, and a stripper from Venezuela convinced me to go for a lap dance, and later on to have sex, she gave me protected oral sex and later on we had vaginal oral sex, since I know i am very paranoic regarding sexual issues, after the sexual encounters, i kept the condom in a tissue and took it home, in order to verify that it was not broken or damaged, I put some water in it, and i didn't saw any hole, so i went to sleep. Nevertheless, the next morning I woke up and while i was cheking my penis, i saw a little cut (i think it was already healed), but i started freacking out, i have not been able to sleep or either go to work thinking abot this huge mistake i did, and how a single decision could change my life forever, please doctor Bob, help me, i am aware that in the forum you have other questions regarding vaginal protected sex with strippers, but i did not found any question in which a possible cut in the penis were involved.

Regards and thank you very much in advance. Marco

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Marco,

I agree this is an "anxiety crisis from Mexico!" It is not an HIV crisis!

Marco, why are you "freacking out" if you and the Venezuelan lap dancer had "protected" sex? You even took the used condom home with you (icky-sticky) and water tested it! Are you freaked out by the small healed cut you found on Mr. Happy the next day? If the condom covered it, there would be absolutely no risk. If the condom did not cover it and it was healed, again essentially no HIV risk. The only even theoretical risk would be an open cut, which came into contact with HIV-positive vaginal secretions. If that is the case, you'll need an HIV test at the three-month mark. However, I feel your problem as stated at the outset is one of anxiety, not HIV. I urge you to seek help in confronting your being "very paranoic regarding sexual issues" and in particular your irrational HIV fears.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Donations from abroad can be made via credit card, PayPal, direct wire transfer, money order, bank check or cash. Thank you for your willingness to help others in need.

Good luck. Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Help Me (PLASTIC BAG) (SEX WITH PLASTIC BAG)
Next
HIV through small skin abrasion?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.