Burning Legs -- convinced I am serconverting
Jun 19, 2007
Dear Doc, I really thank you for your expert opinions to all the worried wells like me. I have been a constant visitor of this site after my exposure to CSW in Amsterdam. On Apr 7, had protected vaginal/oral intercouse with window prostitutes. Did not check the condom failure after use. Day 3/4/5 started getting burning sensations in legs. From that day till week 9, I have been getting intermittent numbness/burning in legs. Week 10 burning in legs continue and read quite a few things on peripheral nueropathy. Feel like I am infected and that HIV is detroying my nerves. Really worried but waiting for 3 more weeks to get tested. Apart from this i have loose stools (not watery but loose) starting wk 2 till date. Also throat started to hurt a little starting wk 2.5 till date. Do you think I am seroconverting? There is no fever, rash till date. I will definitely make donation to your good cause. Please advice on my condition
Response from Dr. Frascino
Two key points to keep in mind:
1. If your sex-capades with the window gals were indeed "protected," your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming latex condoms were used properly and did not fail.
2. HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome) symptoms resulting from primary HIV infection generally take weeks, not days, to manifest themselves. Your symptoms at days 3-5 would not be consistent with the usual timeline. Also, the symptom complex you describe is not characteristic of HIV ARS.
So, do I think you are seroconverting and have peripheral neuropathy? No to both suppositions! I'm quite confident your definitive three-month HIV test will corroborate my very strong suspicion that you are HIV negative.
Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma, although in reality I strongly doubt you'll need it! I suggest you start practicing your WOO-HOO!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Genital Wart Treatment And Healing Time
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.