unprotected oral sex, plz need help.

Hi Dr, i made donation to forum last time, and i will make another one.

A woman performed unpertected oral sex on me,for 5-10 minutes.

my question is do think i need hiv test?

thank you and i need donation website again.

The estimated per-episode risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. The estimated risk you describe would be even less, as we do not know the HIV status of the woman in question. This puts the estimated risk into the extremely remote category at best. Many folks and some HIV specialists would consider this risk so minute as to feel testing is not warranted. However, we cannot categorically state there is absolutely no risk, particularly because there could be extenuating circumstances for example, cuts in the mouth, bleeding gums, concurrent STDs, etc. Consequently, if you are at all worried or feel that you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, I recommend getting a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. This may well be the most efficient and effective way to put any residual HIV fears permanently to rest.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative, as I very strongly believe it will indeed be. You can also read the information in the archives related to oral sex. You should find the testimonials and information there reassuring.

Comment, not a question
Burning Legs -- convinced I am serconverting